Tuesday, 21 March 2017

I've been tagged!

Reading the title it sounds as if I've been let out of prison early and they're keeping an eye on me. 
It's nothing like that of course! I've been tagged by author Valerie Poore to answer quick fire questions on my reading habits.
As you know (I hope you do) I have a book review  blog at http://bookswithwineandchocolate.blogspot.co.uk
where I give what I hope is my honest opinion on the books I read. Here goes.....


eBooks or physical books?

Both. I love turning the pages of a physical book. I like the weight and feel of a book in my hand but we have to move with technology and I also love my kindle.
I can read in bed without disturbing my hubby. I can take as many books on holiday as my little heart desires and read in brilliant sunshine.
With my kindle I can also balance it on my knee while I eat a sandwich and drink a cup of tea,you can't do that and turn the pages of a physical book.

Paperback or hardback?

I love hardbacks. I like to smell them! True!

Online or in-store shopping? 

As a book reviewer I very rarely have to buy books but when I do it's probably be online for kindle. I do however love browsing in bookshops. 

Trilogies or series? 

I enjoy a good trilogy,that way I can keep the characters in the story in my life for longer.

Heroes or villains? 

Heros every time. I have no patience for people who are vile although I know a good story usually needs a baddie I can't wait for them to come to a sticky end.

A Book You Want Everyone to Read?

Oh ...so many. That's why I review books,to shout about the good ones. Probably, The Island by Victoria Hislop.

Recommend an underrated book.

That's a hard one but... and mainly because  she's an American writer that you may not have heard of I'd say Tanya Peterson. She's written about four books now all brilliant and on the themes of, Autism,anxiety,depression and multiple personality disorder.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tanya-J.-Peterson/e/B008O742JG/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_3?qid=1490096975&sr=8-3

Weirdest thing you used as a book mark?

Although I have proper bookmarks I can never find them when I need them so really anything that's handy. Torn pieces of paper,sweet wrappers. Here's my latest made by my granddaughter. We made lots for a puppet show and I just realised they make good bookmarks.




Used books, yes or no? 

If it's a book I'll read it no matter where it comes from.

Top three favourite genres? 

WW2 fiction, all woman's fiction,autobiographies

The last book you finished

The Girlfriend by debut author Michelle Frances a psychological thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat. Due to be published in April.


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Girlfriend-gripping-debut-psychological-thriller-ebook/dp/B01M1ENASA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490097666&sr=8-2&keywords=The+girlfriend


Characters or plot? 

Before I read a book I like to know the plot. Sometimes it takes a while to get to bond with the characters. Where the book is set can make a difference too.

Short or long book?

Medium! A hugely thick book can put me off.


Books that make you laugh or cry? 

Depends what mood I'm in. I like a good cry but I don't read books anymore that I know from the start will be heartbreaking. After a cry I like my next book to be more light hearted.

Our world or fictional worlds? 

If it's a book it has to be our world but I enjoy fantasy films.

Do you ever judge a book by its cover? 

It's probably the cover that would attract me to the book but sometimes it has nothing to do with the story. I don't like covers that have photographs of real people on them unless it's a memoir or autobiography. I have read some books which have been good but I would never have gave then a second look in a book store.

Book to movie or book to TV adaptation? 

Book always. Tv or film adaptations never stick to the book and sometimes change the ending completely. So disappointing.

Series or standalone? 
          I love a series but stand alone is fine.

Long or short chapters? 
        I never notice.

Name the first three books you think of? 

Well because I can see them from where I'm sitting....

The Girl Below Stairs by Jennie Felton


Mussolini 's Island by Sarah Day (my next read)


Midnight Blue by Simone Van Der Vlugt


Thank you Val for suggesting I do this,it has made me think. 
If you would like to answer these questions on your blog too just write your name in the comments and consider yourself tagged and I'll look out for your post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.