Saturday, 30 July 2016

Happy Birthday Blog!




I've only just realised that it was five years ago today I posted my first post on here and started my first blog. I now have a book review blog too which at times feels as though it's taking over my life. The reason being I can just never refuse to read and review a book. So many books,so little time.
I've always loved writing. At school we called them compositions or essays. I can still remember some of them. 
When I started this blog I was dipping my toe back into the water again. When my children were young I wrote poems but never anything more. I have loved writing this blog so much and I have met such lovely people through its pages. 
My posts are fewer now and the reason for that is I have finally joined a writing group. Every week I have to come up with a new story or poem which I'm loving. It does eat into my time and that's the reason there hasn't been the same number of blogposts from me.
Over five years I have posted 195 times and have had over 17,000 page views. People have visited from all over the world, although some may be a spam visit I like to think that most of them are real people so just leave me in my bubble. 
On the plus side to my writing group I now have a whole folder full of stories. I am writing longer stories than ever but I'm not at that stage yet where I could write a book and I really don't care if I never do as I'm enjoying what I'm doing at the moment so much. 
My second post on this blog five years ago was about me waiting for my first grandchild to be born. She will be turning five soon and is now joined by her sister who's two. Another little one will be joining us in October and we can't wait.


Those of you who have read my blog will remember dinosaur boy who I looked after for his mum. We had many many adventures together and even although I have moved to the other side of the city he is still a big part of my life. He will be six very soon and is a big schoolboy now.
My granddaughters and dinosaur boy are coming to stay today for a few days and I'm looking forward to hugging them.

So thank you to everyone who's read this blog over the last five years. I will keep it going although maybe not as many posts as there have been.
To the faithful crew who read every post and comment,thank you so much. A special mention to Rosalind, Carol H, Val,and Jo, these women have been so supportive and I'm sure if I lived near them I would be starting on my first book by now. Thank you ladies. For Joanne and zinger from the USA thank you too for continually reading my blog.
I'm having problems commenting on blogs that are being moderated and I have no idea how to fix it. My comments are being emailed back to me. I am reading and trying to comment on all your blogs.
Here's to the next five years of writing,reading and blogging. Please have some cake and some luminous champagne before you leave.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.