Monday, 18 April 2016

Beyond The Wall.

I was given a task at my writing group to write something with the title Beyond The Wall. This is about how hard I find it to meditate and what happens when I do. It's also about how wonderful dreams can be. 

                      Beyond The Wall.


Beyond the wall there's a beautiful land,
With bright pink sea and purple sand.
The trees are laden with twinkling stars,
And tiny moonbeams live in jars.
Beyond the wall

I stroked a lion and hugged a bear,
And we sat together,without a care.
A green stripy tiger came to say hello
And played a tune on a small banjo.
Beyond the wall

I rode a wild stallion, it's mane was shiney blue.
I'd never rode a horse before but I knew what to do.
Faster and faster it ran on purple sand, then 
A rainbow came down and covered all the land.
Beyond the wall.

Every night I hope to visit that weird and wonderful place.
Every morning I return and never leave a trace.
No footprints in the sand,the sea washed them away.
I'm back to reality and my world has turned to grey.
I have seen beyond the wall.

You can't go there by boat or plane,
Not even by a very fast train.
A car's no use nor is a bike,
And it's far too far if you wanted to hike.
The wall is big and long and wide.
You wouldn't get there if you hitched a ride.

You don't need money or credit card.
But getting there can be oh so hard.
The wall is black and tries to hide
What it's like on the other side

If I empty my mind of the thoughts of today,
And think like the child I used to be.
If I close my eyes and let myself fall,
I hope I shall land there
Beyond the wall.

My dreams will be of pink seas and purple sands,
And banjo playing tigers forming a band.
Of riding horses and hugging a bear.
And having a moonbeam as a clasp in my hair.
When I am beyond the wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.