Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Moving Diaries : Disappointments and Solictitors.

I'm sorry I have been away from my blog for so long and  for leaving you on a cliffhanger on my last post. I will tell you why in this post.

My last post ended with us having put all our furniture into storage the week end before our sale on the Friday. We thought we were being smart as we had not bought anything yet but were moving into a flat my son has. The day after we had moved out and four days before the house sale was due to go through we were back at the house cleaning it when  our buyers appeared at our door. It wasn't a social call it was to tell us the the sale of their house had fallen through and they couldn't proceed with the purchase of our house.

Great disappointment all round and both houses had to go back on the market.
Over the next eleven weeks we were given a moving date by the solicitor of the same buyers four times and each time it fell through.
I think one of the things which annoyed me the most and caused the most stress was a lack of communication from our solicitor. A few days before the completion of the sale our case was passed on to the fourth solictitor in the company. We will not be using them when we buy our house.
I won't bore you with any more details except to say that just a few days ago the sale was finally completed eleven weeks after the original date. The new people have moved in and we can finally start looking for a new house although it's not a good time of the year to buy so we will be waiting until after the new year.



What have I been up to during those weeks where I haven't blogged ?
We had just moved into the flat when I slipped on the stairs and broke my rib which bruised my lung and made me vulnerable to picking up a chest infection. If you ever watch those movies where the guy has broken ribs and gets up and fights again it's all lies. If you have a broken rib any movement is difficult and I certainly couldn't throw a punch. It took three weeks to be pain free.

 I have an underlying chest condition which makes it very easy for me to pick up any old bugs that are flying around. You sneeze and I end up with a chest infection.
This turned out to be one of the worst infections I have had. I had a weeks stay in hospital when my body objected to every antibiotic they gave me. I eventually had to just suffer the side effects and take them.
 I was also on steroids which if anyone has had them before will know that they keep you awake at night, make you hungry and give you chipmunk cheeks.

After the infection cleared I was left with what I can only describe as complete exhaustion. I could do nothing. Walking any distance was difficult as I was experiencing severe breathlessness.
I picked up slightly but I think it was by sheer willpower as the date for my daughter's wedding was coming up and I needed to be well for that.
I did make the wedding and felt good on the day but that's for another post.



I returned to the hospital a few days after the wedding for more tests. The doctors couldn't understand why I felt so awful. I even resorted to saying,"Well maybe I'm just getting old"
They did lots of tests, thyroid, blood, I even had a lung catscan. Eventually what showed up was my blood count had dropped quite dramatically over the space of a few months, I was anaemic.
I was so relieved that at last I knew what was wrong with me and course of iron tablets would set me straight. It has been three weeks now since starting the course and I feel more like my old self again.

I'm telling you all about this because sometimes something as simple as lack of iron can have such a big effect on your life. I couldn't concentrate on anything, I forgot things, I had a lack of interest in what was going on around me. I even found it hard to wash a cup or make coffee.
I though I was suffering from stress or even a type of depression. If anyone is ever feeling like I did think of lack of iron first and go to the doctor for a blood test. It's very easily diagnosed but what a difference it makes when you are.

I'm ending on a happy note I am well, the house is sold, I'm back on my blog and we can now look forward to Christmas knowing that in the New Year we can house hunt.
 Oh no! That means I will have to deal with solicitors again and I'll be the nosey viewer this time around.
Watch this space...

15 comments:

  1. Oh Anne, what a tale of woes. I hope you are beginning to feel better at last - and that you find the most wonderful house and settle down happily every after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anne what a nightmare!!!!! I'm glad that things seem to be back on track for you. Wow. Take care of yourself and REST! Don't go nuts this holiday season. Relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased all is going better now and your house is sold! Good luck with the house hunting after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a performance! D haas just exchanged..but it was knife edge on so many occasions! And I thought thee Scottish system was foolproof!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased for her. They really need to clean up the system. I think Scotland seems to be getting worse will house sales. I remember the days when a handshake sealed the deal. I have a few friends who bought houses like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Anabel. I'm just hoping the house buying goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks JoJo. Yes I will rest. Just doing my Christmas shopping online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Jo it has taken over my life but back on track now. My next woes will be buying one,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad to hear that most of your problems are behind you, best wishes for the future, Anne...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back and I am so pleased that you are finally on the mend. How awful to go through all of that!! Fingers crossed you have a wonderful and restful Christmas and that you find a wonderful new home in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realise you were feeling quite so awful, Anne. I'm so sorry but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Good luck with the house hunting. Look on it as permission to be nosey, and as for the solicitors, I wish they would remember that you're paying them and so should act as your humble servant but it's not going to happen, is it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad things are looking up for you. So sorry to hear of your ill health before. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and 2015 is better. Good luck with the house hunting in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you haven't been well Anne, but glad to hear you now know what it is and are feeling better. Can't wait to find out more about the wedding! Good luck with the house hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Anne, I missed this post too! I've been a bit remiss about doing my rounds because I've been so busy at work, but I am so very glad you are feeling better, dear! I was worried about you when you were in hospital, and for sure, lack of iron can lead to other problems as well, so it's great that your chest infection is over and the iron is helping you feel like your old self. What a relief! As for the house hunting, just take your time and find what you really want! Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne, I'm back on the blog and just checking in. Again thanks for the email. and the push to get back on my blog after a much to long break. You didn't include the falling and sick part lady!! Feel better will ya? Can't wait to hear about the new place when you find it. Keep me posted....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.