Thursday, 5 September 2013

The Waiting Game....Again.

I mentioned last week that my blog is now two years old. The first post on my blog after my introductory one was about waiting for my first grandchild to be born. She's now the same age as my blog and the light of my life.She makes me smile and laugh like no one else can and I love her to bits.
We are waiting again, for the birth of our second grandchild and are every bit as excited as two years ago, so I thought I'd share again that first post. It's dedicated to all those waiting for a grandchild to arrive and one person in particular who will soon be a brand new Grandma (you know who you are)


The Waiting Game.

In about three weeks time a stranger will be introduced to my family. Friends tell me that when we meet I will fall completely and utterly in love, my heart will flip and I'll be lost in awe and wonder.
They all know for certain that this will happen because they have all found themselves in the same position and I, like them will be welcoming my first grandchild into our family.
My heart is flipping at the moment as I think of the first time we will meet, I will cry, I know this, my husband knows this and my son and daughter-in -law know this.
I cried when they told me on Christmas Day that they were pregnant and although only eight months has passed since then it has been a long eight months.

I have bought as many babygrows as one can without knowing the babys'sex. I've bought toys, nappies, blankets and friends have given me equipment I might need when baby visits.
The one thing that no one can see at the moment is the love I already have for this new life, the plans I have made and the fun we will have.
A grandchild is the continuation of the family, the hope for the future, the family name carrying on through another generation.
So we are all ready and waiting. I remember the last few weeks of pregnancy being the hardest and slowest, but mum-to-be has finished work and hopefully putting her feet up and relaxing, the rest is up to baby and when he/she wants to make a big entrance while we all twiddle our thumbs and wait.
We want to be perfect grandparents but I'm probably aiming a bit high, as long as we are the best that we can be, and don't upset the baby's parents then we'll be fine.

16 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I'm going through at the moment, Anne. Our first grandchild is due any time now and I absolutely can't wait to meet him. I wonder if in two year's time we'll be awaiting number two too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so exciting isn't it? All that pleasure and we don't have any of the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading this with tears in my eyes. You know why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh joy - I know exactly what this is like ... am biting my fingernails for you. do let us know when the new little person is safely arrived and her mother recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carol. She's a happy little girl but very tricky. And yes I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby due just before Christmas but you know how babies like to make an entrance it could even be Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jo Jo her mum is really curly too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see she's the delight of your life by your other posts, and she looks such a sweetheart. I'm sure the new baby will be welcomed with just as much warmth and love. You are inspiring as a grandmother, Anne. I wish it was me who was about to become a brand new grandma :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful head of curls!. She's adorable and I know you'll adore the new one just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the curls - what a cutie pie. Great post, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy bday to your blog and your granddaughter. We're expecting our first 'grandchildren' in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just noticed I never replied to this. Congratulations Sandra, grandchildren are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course I will Jen I can't wait to meet her/ him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh thanks Val I'm sure you would make a lovely grandma too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.