Wednesday, 8 May 2013

A Blog Award.


Before the A-Z Challenge I was given this award by Rosalind Adam is Writing in the Rain
Ros has become one of my close blogging and twitter friends,we even play on line scrabble with each other although I don't think I have won a game yet. Ros has a lovely blog,she'll have you laughing at her poems and educate you with her knowledge of history but most of all you'll just enjoy her company. Thanks for the award Ros. Now to earn it I have to answer some questions.

1.If you could change one thing what would it be?
I would change the minds of any man or woman who ever thought about abusing children either physically,mentally or sexually. There has been so much in the news recently regarding sexual abuse, imagine if even the very thought of it never entered anyone's head. Those three girls from Ohio would never have been kidnapped and held captive for ten long years. Every child and young person should be honoured and protected, it breaks my heart to think of anyone having to go through it. That is what I would change.

2. If you could repeat an age what would it be?
I would love to back for just a little while to when my two children were very small, maybe when my son was nearly five and my daughter was two, I would have been 29yrs, yes, I would like to relive that again.

Then again....maybe not!

3. What one thing really scares you?
That one day I may not be able to look after myself and be in an old people's home staring at four walls.It's not something I dwell on but it scares me to think about it.

4. If you could be someone else for a day who would it be?
I would be a fantastic singer and appear on the west end stage perhaps as Maria in West Side Story. I would bring the house down with my wonderful singing voice and brilliant acting and I would be ecstatically happy. 


I am passing the award on to .
Amanda's Brand new blog at Keeping Up Appearances  she's just started blogging and I'm loving her blog.

Michelle at Ardour of a Dreamer 
I came across Michelle's blog just before the A-Z challenge which she completed.Michelle is a young blogger from Michigan U.S.A and writes about her life and the things she loves.
  
Val, a writer from the Netherlands who blogs about her life on a barge and lots of other interesting stories you can find her at Watery Ways 
The first two blog I choose are quite new so please show them some blog love and give them all a visit.

Ladies please do not feel you have to accept the award and answer questions, know everyone is busy.

 
     


19 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! I love your blog and you deserve it. :D BTW, how do you post those animated pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts, Anne. (As many know, I used to work in Child Protection, and often wanted to go much more than change the mindset of those that abused children ... it generally involved scissors and their unmentionable bits ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just as easiy have had those as my wishes. It makes me feel sick that we keep hearing of more child abuse, and by famous people too! And I loved those years when my kids were small, even with the tears and tantrums. It just remains for me to apologise re the Scrabble but it's great fun playing the game with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather use an axe than scissors. They're far too civilised for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, many many thanks, Anne. You are so very kind and I feel honoured. The problem is, Ros suggested it to me too, so I've already done it, but then again, it might be fun to do it again! I'll certainly look in on the other two in any event! Hugs flying your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a dummy I am! I never manage to say everything in one go. Anne, I should have said first and foremost that I love your answers here. So agree about number on, and yes, number 3 rings true for me too. As for number 4, I am nuts about West Side Story and would love to see/hear you as Maria! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely accepting! I am so excited, honored, that you picked me! (hugs, Anne!). Thanks so much!



    I, too, love your answers. It has been such a pleasure following you in the blogging community :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome! Looking forward to seeing your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's no problem Val you know that the thought was there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Val although for number four I'd have to learn to sing first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just can't believe what's happening all the best loved from our childhood. I will beat you eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree either that or chemical castration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks JoJo ! Just google free animated pictures and there's lots of sites then save pic to your documents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got this award a couple of months back and it was fun answering the questions. What I didn't like was the award someone tried to pass on what had a dozen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Anne! Loved your answers, don't know if I could match them. Always loving your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a new reader, love your blog! It's so cute:D


    ~Emily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the blog award, and I totally agree with your first answer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A well-deserved award, Anne, and it's great to learn more about you. As usual, your pictures and poems make me smile.

    Barbara
    A to Z lives on! - Liebster Award nominees
    The Daille-y News

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmm...someone ate my comment. Here I go again:

    Loved learning more about you, Anne, and the award is well-deserved. Your pictures (and poems and quotes) always make me smile.

    Barbara
    A to Z lives on! - Liebster Award nominees
    The Daille-y News

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.