Thursday, 11 April 2013

A-Z Challenge,Staying Fabulous and Fit over 50. J is for Jammies.

Hands up who loves their Jammies, pyjamas, pjs ?
After all the exercise and healthy eating and the effort it has taken us to be fabulous and glamorous, all we want to do now is take our restrictive clothes off and jump into our jammies. A girl has to relax, loosen her stays and conserve her energy for the next busy day.
When I was little I hated putting on my jammies, it meant it was time for bed and fun and games were over. My dad even called it the pyjama game, or who between my brother and me could get into our jammies and into bed first, and he thought we fell for the game part,we didn't.
I always bought my daughter jammies at Christmas and she always loved her Christmas jammies until last year when she said,"Please mum no more jammies,I have far to many" I still buy lovely Christmas jammies with penguins and cute polar bears but for my granddaughter.


Now that life is not all fun and games I love coming home from a long day shopping or after I've had a day of toddlers and wondering if it's too early to change into my jammies,they're just so relaxing.
Nightdresses don't do it for me anymore, especially in the winter when the house can be cold and draughty.
 It's jammies every time,well even goddesses need some down time.
Some yummy mummies have been know to do the school run and shopping in their jammies.I can safely say I have never been further than the back garden in mine.I think that's probably something learned with age.
Jammies are much more leisure wear now than ever before and more glamorous.I don't like the silky ones,although they look lovely are a bit cold to wear,I like to be warm and cosy. 
Of course an evening spent in jammies has to be accompanied by a pair of warm fluffy slippers and a cup of tea or maybe a glass of something a wee bit stronger after a stressful day.






Perhaps a Onesie? I dread to think what I would look like in one but they look comfy.




Even bananas are in pyjamas!







 I have about 100 pairs of pyjamas. I like to see people dressed comfortably.
Hugh Hefner
How about you,do you love your jammies?

32 comments:

  1. Another fun blog don't do Jammies but will say I always have to be warm, slippers and a hot cup of tea in the evenings is very important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that picture's lovely!
    I love jammies! And onesies! They're just so warm and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in my jammies (although we call them jambles at home - don't ask me why!). Sometimes I climb into my jammies as soon as I've finished dinner, because they're so comfortable :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my jamas! I get in a proper strop if I don't get any for Christmas. Nice, warm, soft jamas are like a hug when you're cold, ill or sad. Lovely 'J' word today: )))

    ReplyDelete
  5. flannel jammies: can't live w/o them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that last picture. How cute is that? With the little dog on the bed and all. Lovely! I wear nightdresses of the old fashioned variety. Still prefer them to jammies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought silk pyjamas in Vietnam - they are so wonderful I wore them to my daughter's wedding! They're a glorious yellow, with big floaty trousers and fitted jacket. (They don't, I confess, look anything like pjs - but there aren't many brides' mothers who wear pyjamas to a wedding!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your fun posts
    and love my boxers and jammie pants! so comfy!
    but i like your h post best, i wonder if i will go gray or pink or purple... i like purple'

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun Anne! I have to wear cotton. Nothing too high on my neck because I'll get hot (I'm sure all the over 50 women reading this understand this) And very smooth on my legs but not long because I have RLS and my legs are very sensitive. Boxers like Tara said are good in summer. Gosh I'm getting picky in my old age...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne. This is my first time here, coming from the A to Z Challenge. How appropriate I come on Jammie day. I love my jammies. Hubby gives me a new, rather expensive, pair every year for Christmas. I'll never tell him to stop. That last photo could be a picture of the two of us snuggled like two bugs in a rug on a cold winter night.


    Deanna
    www.punkndeanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely of him. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We need warmer stuff here it's still freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes short pants for summer. Thanks Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember my aunt getting silk pyjamas from China from her daughter in the army. She thought they were a trouser suit and was wearing them on a night out my mum nearly had a fit.Yours must have been a lot nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those moving pictures,very easily amused. I would have thought you'd worn jammies on a boat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Amanda I was panicking a bit with J.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Especially in the winter when it's dark very early.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Ian,Women are way cooler in jammies than men.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As soon as I come home, no matter what time of day it is, I change into my jogging trousers, not to go jogging I hasten to add. I don't believe you actually wear stays, by the way.


    I've been wearing nighties for many years but you can't get the fun ones that I used to wear these days. They only have those prim and proper old lady nighties. The shops are just full of jammies and onesies so I'm seriously thinking of going back to them. It's been *mutter-mumbles* years since I wore jammies. I don't think I'll get onesies. All that faffing around in the night to go to the toilet!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol! Fun nighties? What kind are those? You need to get with it and get some jammies! Do you not wear stays? lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so love my jammies ! I change into them as soon as I come home from work and spend my weekends in them. In India now we also get them slightly tailored and in lovely cotton prints .so we can wear them even if we have to go out !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love my jammies! It's funny how something we hated i.e bedtime when we are young we now love eh! Sometimes when I get home from my long day when I work 8 till 7 and go up stairs and put on my jammies! I love it. I don't think I'd like a onsie apart, they're two closed in for me. Least with PJ's if I get hot I can slip my bottoms off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. There is never a bad time for jammies! I am an as soon as I get home they go on gal :)

    http://intoabarrel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love jammies, although I have to draw the line at a onesie. The thought of waking up in the night and having to use a cold bathroom... No, I'll stick with my jammies. ;-)

    Just Ermie &
    Short Story Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh yeah, I love my jammies! I home school. There are days I call 'Jammie' day and my girls are quite happy. :-)

    Blogging A to Z Challenge http://www.shellygoodmanwright.com/apps/blog/show/25564441-j-is-for-jessica

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love jammies, too, but I can't quite get behind the trend of wearing them in public :-)

    Have fun with A to Z.

    Jenny at Choice City Native

    ReplyDelete
  27. Please! Don't talk to me about 'Onsies'! I can't get my 12 year old daughter to wear anything else! Why do we have a generation of people wandering around outside in their PJs?! Sorry, I sound like an old fart now! Good post, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Don't talk to me about 'Onsies'! I can't get my 12 year old daughter to wear anything else! Why do we have a generation of people wandering around outside in their PJs?! Sorry, I sound like an old fart now! Good post, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love mine. And cashmere bedsocks ( for my chillblainy feet!)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I adore my jim jams! I've been known to get into mines straight from work at around 4pm some days! What I can't abide, though, is people cutting about the streets in their jammies, I find it completely unacceptable :o I didn't get my usual xmas jammies from mum last year and was devastated! I got lovely penguin ones this xmas to compensate, though :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.