Friday, 26 April 2013

A-Z Challenge Staying Fabulous and Fit after 50. W is for Weighty Issues.

too much of this


Cake!!!
Weight must be the most talked about subject. Every time you pick up a  newspaper or magazine there's some sort of new diet that guarantees to shift your excess pounds without any trouble at all. Every night there's another television show about fighting the fat. We are constantly told we are risking our health by what we eat.The problem with weight is, we all know how to loose it, we all know how to eat healthily it's just a lot harder to put into practice especially as you get older.
not enough of this
I used to be able to loose a few pounds no bother at all but now it just will not shift,I know I have to exercise as well but when I was younger I didn't need to, the weight just came off without much effort.
The scales lie.

During this A-Z I've been saying we have to be happy in our own skin and love ourselves for what we are and I do I like being me,I am happy, but we all know when we've put that few extra pounds on and have ate too many potatoes or cakes. Clothes get that bit tighter. I don't know if it's to do with being older but my extra pounds seem to gather," up top" it's no wonder I have a sore back carrying that extra weight. I just want to be a bit lighter or at least not keep putting on the pounds.
If you're one of those lucky people who can eat what you want and never gained a pound then I'm in awe of you, how does it work?


 I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and I want to feel good in my clothes instead of having to buy a whole new wardrobe in a bigger size, I refuse to buy anything bigger. So I'm trying to eat healthily without saying the dreaded D word.


When I saw this postcard I knew what my problem was, I'm too short. If I was taller I'd be slim, I'm only 5ft 3in and yet, in school I was about the third tallest in my class,what happened?

I'm very easily lead where food is concerned. If hubby says he wants a curry, I'm right there with him. If he says he wants fish and chips, I'm handing him his car keys. Hold on! Yes! Hubby is to blame, now I know why I can't loose weight and it's not my fault!

I have everything I had twenty years ago,only it's all a little bit lower.
                                                               - Gypsy Rose Lee. 

The weight comes off, you know? If you stop with the bread and the pie, it really does. It really works.
Philip Seymour Hoffman

As I mentioned previously, the tools that allow for optimum health are diet and exercise.
Bill Toomey

27 comments:

  1. If only they made fruit & veg as tasty as cakes & takeaways :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely an age thing for me too Anne. I didn't used to have any problem losing those extra pounds, but now I eat less, exercise more and put on more! I refuse to have anything to do with the 'D' word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I was stick thin as a teenager. And I don't weigh too much according to the charts. It's just that the mass is redistributing it self around my stomach. Funny that you blame hubby. Mine has had to cut down due to blood sugar and I've lost a bit of 'waist bulk' too. It's always their fault!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, me three! I was a size 10 when I met my husband who is unfortunately a chef. You can imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of those people who has more trouble keeping weight on than off. I know, don't shoot me. But it has its disadvantages, I promise. Things still sag or re-distribute as you nicely put it, but with me it's not held firm by a bit of padding, so the wrinkles and floppy bits look even worse. We're never satisfied are we? Anne, I think you look wonderful! Keep on being easily lead, that's what I say :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom was such a food nazi and paranoid about weight that she always had me on diets when I was a kid. As a result, my metabolism is so screwed up that I can't lose weight easily at all. I've given up trying. Russell loves me as I am and is a self admitted 'chubby chaser'. He loves full figured women and his attention and constant affection has helped me feel more comfortable in my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm easily led when it comes to food, too. Pizza, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even want to talk about it! I weigh more now than I did with any of my pregnancies! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weight wasn't too much of a problem until I got out of high school, and luckily it's still just 5 pounds or so now. But it's the unhealthy eating I really have to worry about. I'm a junk food junkie.

    I had to LOL at the BMI postcard--yes, that's me! I really am too short.

    And I love that you solved the problem. Of course, the husband's to blame! ;)

    Barbara
    Honoring W Blogs in this A to Z
    The Daille-y News

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I hadn't seen this. Pizza's my downfall, and it IS Friday night!

    Barbara
    Honoring W Blogs in this A to Z
    The Daille-y News

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why can't they do that? They can do nearly everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I busted through 3 pairs of jeans in one week...about a month ago. I'm turning 30 this year...and those jeans were worn since I was a teen. They were probably well past their expiration date...lol...but it didn't make me feel any better about the situation!


    Have fun on your holiday, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you deserve a new pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can loose five pound but the following week it goes back on again. Yes it's the junk!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me too! And it was after my second that my weight didn't come off again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. And quite right too.I love the expression Full figured woman.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes it's harder for us shorties!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's the kind of chef he is Donna,making all those cakes and sweets it must be so hard for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes I have waist bulk too. As you get older it does stay on different places.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know I have to exercise more but I find it so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a 'weighty' issue!!! The problem is that we have too much choice and it's all too fatty!! I gather you didn't see 'fat' people around during or after WW2 - food rationing meant there wasn't the food in the shops!! And you are right: it goes on quicker and comes off slower when one hits the big 60.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I gave up even thinking about it, even though I know I need to keep the weight off my crumbling knees.


    Then I went to Laos - and lost 5lb. No, I wasn't ill. It's just not the centre of the culinary universe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes too much choice I was just saying this to hubby.Cupboards full and we're still going to the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maybe I need to go there and loose a few pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The visuals are all SO hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.