Wednesday, 24 April 2013

A-Z Challenge. Staying Fabulous and Fit after 50. U is for Unique.


During this challenge I've been having a light hearted look at staying fabulous and fit over fifty but I'm aware that one size doesn't fit all. We are all unique, we all live different lives, have different capabilities and what works for one of us may not work for anyone else.

Unique - Exisiting as the only one or as the sole example; single;solitary in type or characteristics.

We open a magazine and we are shown how we should look, tall, skinny, beautiful. I said before that when you get to a certain age you have accepted what you look like and who you are,you don't aspire to be like those glossy photos,because you're now wise enough to know it's all smoke and mirrors. Thank goodness we don't have to spend any more time on trying to look like someone else.


We are unique in our likes and dislikes, our dreams and desires. Some may want to travel the world while others are content with their fireside. Whatever you want to do,whatever you want to be, it's okay to be just you.

Some of us are big.



Some are small
While others prefer to relax.







                                                                                                     some like to be active
Some may be sophisticated or chic

Some are just plain silly!
and easily amused !

Martina McBride
 

24 comments:

  1. Where did you get that photo of me flashing my sexy grey underwear?!? I'm loving these posts. But I must add that it's also good for us to still dabble with the odd puff of smoke and tiny mirror. We should be proud of our looks but not want to turn back time on them is what I think I'm trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you I have cameras everywhere. Yes but at least we now know we're not going to look like the models in magazines and don't have to strive to do so as we did in our youth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. This is the best!! Love the flashy oldie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, I so agree with this. I see my daughters - aged 14 and 18 - constantly worrying about their looks, their size, etc etc, and I so wish I could tell them what I now know - it really doesn't matter. All those years - teenage and later - of wanting to be thinner, prettier, have straight hair like Cathy McGowan (there, that's giving my age away!) - what a waste of time. And so often we put off doing what we want to do because we think 'if I'm thinner (etc) it'll be better' - it never is.


    It's very liberating being in your 50s - I just wish I could stay this age!


    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, yes ... and thank goodness. Wouldn't the world be boring if we were all the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in the City of London at lunchtime recently and noticed how all the women (as well as all the men) dressed almost identically. So depressing. So glad I no longer work in London! That and all the commuting, I don't know how people stick it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant 'U' word! I love this - so true! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting your blog via the A to Z Challenge
    What a lovely post ! We are all unique and should appreciate everyone around us as individuals as opposed to our perception of what we consider to be acceptable .
    Good luck with the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe I'm unique and I celebrate my uniqueness. Part of that Anne I think is knowing who i am; comes with age!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm having fun with these animations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I could too but time won't let us,

    ReplyDelete
  12. The power of one - being unique is one of the joys of being human. Let's celebrate our uniqueness! I agree with Jo, it would be very dull if we were all the same! Love, love, love the images here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely 'U'! That's one of the good things about getting older. I think we learn to embrace our uniqueness : ))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stuck my head in, and ended up ... well, the word is not 'wasting' ... ENJOYING my time here. What a charming, substantial and fun place! A new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So Anne, is this permission to have that piece of chocolate now. I am trying to stay fit over 50 and fabulous would be nice too. You are right. It isn't worth wasting time worrying over what you are not when there is so much more joy in being who you are. Thanks for the encouragement. Enjoyed my visit. God bless, Maria from Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes you can have one piece of chocolate. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unique is good! No it's great! Yep a brilliant U word. Sometimes I worry about getting older (not the ageing but more because of the morbid side of things if you get my meaning) but all my lovely friends and these strong inspirational women I have go to know inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this "U" post :) if people only valued their uniqueness and stopped trying to be like everyone else, the world would be a lot more interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.