Tuesday, 23 April 2013

A-Z Challenge. Staying Fabulous and Fit after 50. T is for Time.







Time Is by Henry Van Dyke
Time is
Too Slow for those who Wait,
Too Swift for those who Fear,
Too Long for those who Grieve,
Too Short for those who Rejoice;
But for those who Love,
Time is not.


We can't turn back time,we can't hurry time. Time has a mind of it's own, it will go at it's own pace and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

Time gives us grey hair and wrinkles,but it also gives us experience and wisdom.
                                           

How many times have you said, I'll do that when I have time?
 I'll visit mother/father/someone, when I have time.
This morning I thought about all the things I'm going to do if I have time.

1.I'm going to fill my lovely journals with stories of my parents and grandparents for my children and their children.

2.I'm going to sort the boxes of photographs I have into neat albums.

3.I'm going to de-clutter and prepare bedroom for decorating.

4.I'm going to make my garden pretty.

5. I'm going to visit Austria and Italy and have fun at Disneyland,Florida

6.I'm going to write a book.

When I have the time.
What if, I don't?

I looked around my room and thought, I don't want to leave things as they are, undone. I want to do everything I have thought about, I want things to be neat and tidy and finished when my time comes.
I don't mind if my time is spent with family and loved ones, that's the best way to spend time but some of my time is frittered away watching television when I could be doing some of those things on my list.
None of us know what tomorrow has in store,we only have today and we have to make time to do those things we keep putting off. It will give us a sense of satisfaction and achievement.

 
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
Nelson Mandela
 

22 comments:

  1. What wise words, Anne. I love the quote from Nelson Mandela. He is my hero in life, love and wisdom. He also knows what it is to spend a very long time somewhere very unpleasant, but still make the best use of it. The poem is very telling too. I may borrow that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Val yes the poem is lovely. I love quotes especially from someone like him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this! Sometimes we all need a kick up the backside, and boy this just kicked me!! Where has all my time gone? I can't believe I'm as old as I am! I love the quotes, especially the one from Paulo Coelho. Watch out life - I'm on my way!!!! Thanks Anne : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it Amanda and glad I gave you a kick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try not to but I stress about time. It scares me how quick it goes by... I never seem to have enough time to do everything but I know full well if I was a little bit more organised I'd have more chance of achieving things. I usually find when I have the time I don't always feel like doing the stuff I'd planned. One of things I will make a start on this year is getting down my family's history, encouraging my dad to get things down on the computer or on paper. Maria from First draft cafe - Just ten minutes, which I think was great advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a thought provoking post. I suppose we should all make a bucket list, when we've got the time. I do try not to waste time (does playing Words With Friends count as wasting time? Hope not!) but I also knew someone who was so obsessed with not wasting time that she wore herself down and when a major illness took hold she couldn't stop pushing herself, sometimes it's good to stop and listen to the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting to do so many things, it's ridiculous. Maybe my T post should have been on Time Management! ;)

    I just posted to another blog that a song I like is (If I Could Save) Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce. I guess we'd all like to be able to do that.

    Barbara
    T is for Triple Play: Two Teasers and Time's Running Out
    The Daille-y News

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh! Your list is longer than mine. I have photos in albums, I call Mum regularly, and I've written several books. The garden needs sorting out, though, and I was thinking only the other day that it was about time I redecorated the bedroom. Thanks for the nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same time thought a few years ago and started doing things I always wanted to do. One of them was writing that novel. Another was starting a degree. The degree had to give, because with a full time job, there just wasn't enough TIME to do both! But I do intend to go back to it!

    Popping by on the A to Z challenge. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have so many things I need to do today, this week, this month...etc. However, it seems lately I just want to relax. I need to get things done though! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go to the Grand Canyon. That's my goal. And the when is the thing of it.

    History Sleuth's Writings A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do have to find time to relax too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rebecca,If you know what you want to do thats a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have lots os albums too but also boxes of photos and it takes so longer to organise them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No words with friends is good for the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cleaning the house uses too much precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never plan anything I just see where the day takes me which is why I never get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh don't even mention the garden ,everytime I start to do something there it rains.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore Paulo Coelho, and love that quote. Have you read any of his books? The Alchemist is one of my favourite books of all time. This is a great post, there's something about wanting to write a book that makes you think about your own mortality. I'd gladly live for the next 300 years if I could get away with it. There are more books to read and stories to write than I can manage in one lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm impressed: T for Time is a biggie! Time is such a huge topic, but great job of breaking it down into a few good points. I've been struggling with time/project management the past few years and finally stopped "Waiting for Change" and made something happen. I'm not looking back. It's hard to make change happen, but if we don't, then time forward will look a whole lot like time backward.

    Thanks for the great post.

    Thanks in the comments to Catherine about The Alchemist. I read it, loved it, but need to read it again.

    Bradley Charbonneau's Pass the Sour Cream A-Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.