Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Join The Blog Blitz.





I found out about Blog Blitz on twitter from Rosalind Adam and  if Rosalind thought it was a good idea then I knew I would too.
Writer DL Hammons  from the good old USA and blogs here knows how much we love having comments on our blogs. As you know the title of my blog  "Is Anyone There?" says it all. We write our posts each week and the only way we have of knowing if they are being read is if people are kind enough to leave a comment. Okay, we all look at our stats but have no way of knowing if they're all spammers having a look.
Bloggers work incredibly hard to make  posts interesting and sometimes it does feel as if no one is listening. I've came across some blogs with no comments on their posts, their content is good and I always wonder why no one comments.
If someone visits my blog and leaves a sentence or two I always return the favour. I do visit blogs where I leave comments and the blogger never does the same for me which personally I think is a bit rude.
 It's great to find new blogs and make new friendships but if you don't leave a comment no one will know you've been there.

Blog Blitz hopes to sort all that out if you sign up to the linky list. A blog will be chosen at random and everyone on the list will be e mailed and asked to visit that blog and leave a comment. Over 100 blogs have signed up now and if all the participants visit the blog of the day you could have over 100 comments on your post.
I think it sounds really good fun, I'm sure we all could make the time to visit one extra blog and comment.
So get yourself  over to Cruising Altitude 2.0 and become part of the Blog Blitz.
If you're reading this and don't usually comment, go on show some blog love. It would make my day.

18 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you thought it was a good idea too. I've blogged about it as well so we'll see what happens next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I started reading my blog list after I posted. We can only wait and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of comments on my blog fluctuates too. I wonder if some people don't have any comments because they have the CAPTCHA feature turned on? I've backed off on commenting on those blogs b/c it's a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Captcha's a pain and I've tweeted asking people to remove it but some say they have too much spam.It's easier then just to verify your comments but I don't get much spam anyway. The thing about Captcha is you've already spent time writing a comment before it comes up and on the ipad or phone it's a real pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a great idea - I'm sitting on the sidelines at the moment as there's no much Life going on here I'm reluctant to sign onto anything that is going to need too much time. Do let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alrighty! I just signed up. Very fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for highlighting my little enterprise, Anne! My goal is to have 200 team members by this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Anne, great post. I think Blog blitz is a fabulous idea. I shall check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh good,hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think it would take much time Jo,just visiting one extra blog you recieve an email don't think it will even be every week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found out about this from Roz and signed up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel it's only good manners to comment. Sometimes I like to voice my opinion too : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. (This lovely lady, authoring this blog...gave me the heads up on Blog Blitz :)

    You, being my first follower of my new blog, have been doing wonderfully in keeping me in the loop with all the fun stuff coming up in the blog world (A-Z Challenge too!) I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to visit and leave your words of encouragement.

    I had my "now-retired" blog for close to five years and got up to 50 followers towards it's end. The comments I got were VERY few and far in between. It was weird. I didn't turn on comment moderation till later on in that duration because spam became absolutely CRAZY.



    I can say I was scared to "go out" and meet new bloggers. I didn't really quite know where to start. The news of the A-Z Challenge landed in my lap and it was a God send. I have met, and still have to meet, so many bloggers!


    Thanks again Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for such a lovely comment. The more blogs that you visit and leave comments the more will visit you and hopefully leave comments you will then feel you are part of the blogging world again. If anyone reading this wants to visit your blog they just have to click on your photo on the google members at the right hand side to find your blog. Good luck with the Chalkenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes I agree with you completely Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Carol,the more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this info! I will definitely join. :)

    Blog-hopping from Deecoded

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.