Monday, 28 May 2012

When Dreams come True

Today I'm taking part in a blog hop for the launch of Rebecca Emin's latest book for young people (10-14),When Dreams Come True. As I'm a big kid at heart I couldn't wait to read this book having enjoyed her first one, New Beginnings so much.
 I wasn't disappointed and was transported back to the days when (as my mum would say) I was too old for toys and too young for boys. The days when young love first blossoms and you don't have a clue what it is.
 I was reminded of reading my books at night under the bed covers with a torch in my hand.
 My favourite books were Enid Blyton's Secret Seven series, full of adventures, secrets and mystery. Rebecca's book  strikes me as coming from the same mould only much more in sync with the times. I think I read this book in two sittings I was so engrossed in it and I even shed a few tears at the ending. This is at least one book where you don't have to worry if the content is too grown up, it isn't it's just right.
Synopsis.
Charlie is happiest when biking with Max and Toby, or watching films with Allie. But when Charlie reaches year nine (age 13), everything begins to change.
 
As her friends develop new interests, Charlie's dreams become more frequent and vivid, and a family crisis tears her away from her friends.
 
How will Charlie react when old family secrets are revealed? Will her life change completely when some of her dreams start to come true?

Rebecca has asked us to post about our dreams. The only thing I know about mine is I can never remember them. I try so hard but they vanish from my mind.Why is that? Sometimes I dream about people from my far distant past, people I haven't even been thinking about. What made me dream of them?
 When we dream about people we have never seen before and are strangers to us I wonder how we managed to make them up, where did these faces come from?
If I have a problem I will sort it out in my dreams, it will seem to me that I have the perfect answer and have put the world to right but when I wake I wonder how I ever thought of anything so stupid.
 Sometimes I've had a pain in my dreams or cramp in my foot and woken to find the pain or cramp were actually real. I've had the usual dreams.teeth falling out, walking down the road naked (don't tell me you haven't had that dream) and flying above houses looking in everyones windows. If only I could remember the rest of my dreams I could maybe, write a book!
If you visit Rebecca's facebook page  here she is hosting some giveaways today and she has cake.
Her book When Dreams Come True can be found at





 
 
 
Twitter account: www.twitter.com/RebeccaEmin, if you want to follow her and keep up with the blog hop. 

Help yourself to a slice of chocolate cake and a glass of wine to toast to the success of "When Dreams Come True "
I wish Rebecca good luck with her book and remember her name because your children will soon be using it regulary. 

11 comments:

  1. Anne, thank you so much for this gorgeous post and talking of shedding a tear... what are you doing to me?! Thanks for the lovely kind words, you are an absolute angel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Anne, and chocolate cake to boot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum. Chocolate cake!

    I don't remember many of my dreams. The ones I do remember are horrid. :(

    Congratulations to Rebecca. The books sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will write down my dreams if I can remember them but usually they fade away, just leaving me with feelings all day long.  I've had the tooth falling out dream a lot, and another one is where I keep spitting out what seems to be a neverending supply of gum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually do remember my dreams, as I'm a very light sleeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walking down the street naked?! Noooo! Never dreamt such a thing! If you want to hold on to elusive dreams I've heard that you should keep your eyes closed for a few minutes when you wake up and the dream will become clearer in your mind. You should then write it down as soon as you open your eyes. I've done this and a few days layer I've returned to the writing and had no memory of that dream. It would have been lost forever and I wonder, like you say, how many amazing ideas we let slip through our dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Rosalind I think I'm going to write them down.I had a dream this morning again I could remember it when I woke up but now it's gone from my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Talli, I wish I could remember mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Queenbead.I don't like the tooth falling out one it always seems so real. The gum one sounds horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Eliza,I really will have to write them done maybe then I'll find out how crazy what goes on inside my hide really is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. patientdreamer5 June 2012 at 19:30

    Oooh I remember the Secret Seven and the Famous Five, loved those.   I often remember my dreams.  Just find it hard to write them down as some of the details start to fade and it so much to get down with such little time. ... lol.  At least thats my excuse...lol.    Lovely post Anne.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.