Wednesday, 23 May 2012

A Virtual Pat on the Back.

I am so pleased to be given The Kreative Blogger award by Donna B McNicol mainly because I enjoy reading her blog so much and her flash fiction stories for the A to Z Challenge were just amazing. I'm honoured to be one of her chosen seven.
 These blog awards are great fun, not only is it good to have a virtual pat on the back from a fellow blogger, and lets face it we all need a bit of encouragement now and then, but there are also fun questions to answer,well ask me if they were fun when I've struggled to answer them all.
Rules
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. - Thank you Donna
2. Answer ten random questions. - See below
3. Share ten random facts about yourself. - I don't know if there's any left,you know them all
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreative Blogger Award.- see below

So lets get on with it.
1. Whats your favourite song? 
There are too many to choose from  but I will pick " Close to You" by the Carpenters.I used to sing it to my daughter when she was a baby,it reminds me of walking the floor with her at night when she was teething, the song seemed to comfort her and to me it will always be, her song.
 2.What's your favourite dessert?
 Cheesecake, any flavour. Or something with hundreds of calories and lots of cream.
3.What ticks you off?
Anyone being treated unfairly and cruelty to animals.
 4. What do you do when you're upset?
 Cry. My husband finds it funny that women can cry practically on demand. I even have tears at some adverts,(is that an age thing?)
5.Which is your favourite pet?
 It would have to be dogs, I have a German Shepherd and he would be really annoyed if I said cats.
 6.Which do you prefer,black or white.
 Black of course, it's so slimming.
7. What is your biggest fear?
 Loosing someone close to me.
8.What is your attitude mostly?
 I think I'm quite a happy person, husband has just said I'm grumpy but that is so not true.
9. What is perfection?
 My granddaughter's smile, it lights up her face and the room and makes everyone smile too.
What is your guilty pleasure? 
A large slab of chocolate Turkish delight and a glass of white wine or maybe some cider.

Ten random facts about me.
Now I have a platform to talk about ME and I can't think of anything remotely interesting.

1. I love musicals of any description.

2.  I am the worst gardener ever.

3. I really wish I could sing and play the piano.

4.Once when camping in France with my husband and children I used my school french at the campsite shop but asked for light bulbs instead of candles.No wonder the shopkeeper looked at me strangely.

5. I have certificates from the Academy of speech and drama for perfect speech from when as a young girl and had elocution lessons. I won competions for reciting poetry by Rabbie Burns.

6. I have just signed up for Blogcamp in Manchester in October.This will be my first time and would love to get in touch with anyone who's going. Are you?

7.I believe in the afterlife.I refuse to think it all ends here there must be something more to come.

8. My favourite place is Turkey.  Have you fell asleep yet?

9. The longest day I had was a canoe trip down a river in Turkey, a fun day out. I was knackered and the river went on and on and on. I couldn't walk the following day.

10. My neighbours are mostly weird and unfriendly.

Now I can imagine everyone is desperate to answer all the questions and think up all these facts about themselves but only the chosen seven can do this. I'm not going to tell people individually as I know everyone is busy writing so I don't want to pressure anyone. If your name's here you can pick up the award by copy and pasting it and blog about it but only if you wish to.

 Jen at We're Living A Full Life
Kate at The Tales Of Me
Donna at  Lost And Found
Trish at Words in the Treehouse
Guuye at Guuye
Catherine at  Catherine Noble
Rosalind at Writing in the Rain
All these blogs have made me laugh or cry or informed me in some way. Do have a look.
Since my A to Z Challenge when I blogged about the sixties and seventies I've been finishing with a song from that era so today I'm leaving you with my favourite, Close to you by The Carpenters from 1970.


15 comments:

  1. thefeatherednest23 May 2012 at 12:35

    Congratulations on a well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award!!!  And I can cry easily too, esp. at sad commercials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award. And it has been fun getting to know you better. Watch out for that cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for including me in your list. It'll come as no surprise to you that I agree with you on lots of your answers. I hate cruelty to animals. I love musicals and Mr A can't understand my ability to cry at adverts either! So I now wish I'd answered the questions before looking at your answers because I'm going to really struggle to be different... but I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I'm not sure how I came to your blog but I am glad I did! I live in Turkey and you say your favourite place is Turkey! We also have a gorgeous little granddaughter and I think you and I would have a lot in common! Oh yes I have just been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Lady, among other things we share the love of cheesecake.  :-)

    This is great blog to dip into- you are indeed a Kreative Blogger- well deserved title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi JoJo,Thanks, why do they make sad commercials? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Inger,oh yes it put the inches on the hips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol!!! You're welcome Rosalind, these are fun if you have the time. Now if only we lived closer I would have a musical theatre partener and wouldn't have to drag my hubby or daughter along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claudia ,very spooky we do have a lot in common. I suspect you make have a Turkish cookery blog I will have to go and find out.We are going to Turkey in Sept which is why I was looking at Turkish recipies as I might cook some while we're there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah Thanks Monika, I getting hungry now for cheesecake after reading these comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for passing on the award to me :) Its my first one.  Liked your answers, I have been known to cry at adverts too.  I'm not sure what I believe about what happens when we die but I'd like to think there's more to this world then what we know and it would be nice to think that there's something more to come.  I would be delighted to answer the questions.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, thank you for the award, I'm honoured! I shall write up my answers for next week's post. I cry at adverts too, I'm so glad there's another like me! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the award. What's Blogcamp? (Is it as self-explanatory as it seems?)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.