Thursday, 19 April 2012

Memories of 60's & 70's Q is For Quatro and Queen

Suzie Quatro was the grooviest chick around in the seventies. She played bass guitar, had long feathered hair wore leather jumpsuits or tight trousers and long boots. Suzie, an American had being playing in bands since the age of fourteen and played in The Pleasure Seekers and Cradle with her three sisters.
Do you remember, Can The Can, 48 Crash, Devil Gate Drive, If You Can't Give Me Love, She's in Love With You.
She appeared regularly on Top of the Pops and we all played our air guitar along with her.
Suzie was an ball of energy which she put into every song she played and always looked as if she was having the best time ever.
She is still making music and playing concerts. On April 27th she will appear at The Fillmore in her hometown of Detroit at the 21st Annual Detroit Music Awards and amazingly the woman has not changed at all it's as if time has stood still for her.


Suzi Today, still a rock chick




Queen,  I would be amazed if anyone comments that they have never heard of Queen. Formed in 1971 Queen took the rock scene by storm, Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor, John Deacon,and Brian May.
Bohemian Rhapsody, Killer Queen, Somebody To Love, We Will Rock You, Fat Bottomed Girls, Let me Entertain you.
It took me a while to like Queen, it certainly wasn't love at first sight or sound, but they grew on me. They could sing heavy rock songs and slow poignant ones just as well.
We Will Rock You, a  rock musical based on Queen songs opened in 2002 in London's west end and the legend that is Queen lives on for younger generations. There are so many great Queen songs to choose from  and although I love Bohemian Rhapsody and Who Wants to Live Forever, I have chosen a real feelgood one that will have you tapping your feet and singing your heart out.




You did a little dance while listening to that, didn't you?

Want to know what other Q's were around during the fifties and sixties?
 Pop over to  Rosalind's blog Writing in The Rain to find out.

12 comments:

  1. sweet that you and Rosalind are bouncing off each other
    never heard of Quatro - glad to see a woman with longevity in the music world

    Happy A to Z

    ladys knight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have a good time dancing with my baby to that Queen song. Thanks, Anne. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a very feel good tune.

      Delete
  3. I believe Suzie Quatro was on Happy Days as Leather Tuscadero, Pinky's younger sister?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you're right she was and I had it written down to put on this post but forgot!

      Delete
  4. Suzie Quatro was never a favourite of mine but I loved Queen and still do. It was a great loss to the music world when Freddie Mercury died. I'd love to see the musical but I can't convince Mr A that he'd love to see it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like most of Suzi's songs. I'd love to see musical too pity we live so far apart.

      Delete
  5. It's my humble opinion that Freddy Mercury had one of the best voices in rock music. There aren't to many people who can sing like him or have his range. What a shame he's gone, Queen is a great band.. love em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the opinion of many. His music lives on.

      Delete
  6. I hadn't thought of Suzie Quatro in a long time - but do, indeed, remember her.

    And Queen - yes, I wasn't able to stop my feet moving during that song. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She was a real rock and roll chick. Quinn are timeless loved your take on them.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.