Sunday, 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day.

  
Mum with me.
Dear Mum,
               As Mother's Day is drawing to a close and my family have gone home I am thinking of you. I have actually been thinking of you all day which is not unusual because there is always a moment in every day when you creep into my thoughts.
You are the angel on my shoulder telling me to be a better person, reprimanding me at times and making me do the right thing. I hear your voice so clearly and in my mind you are still young and not the old lady you used to see when you looked into the mirror.
This is my seventh Mother's Day without you as you have been gone for nearly eight years. It really doesn't seem that long but then I think of all that has happened in the family since you left, you have missed so much.
Did you know your granddaughter visited Australia and Thailand? You would have been so worried about her and  also so pleased when I tell you that she went to university and is now a social worker helping children and families, you would be so proud of her.
You are also a great Grandmother, imagine that! Yes, your grandson is now a daddy and what a great dad he is. You would just love Abigail, she has such a gorgeous smile it just lights up a room.
We talk about you a lot and always when we have a cup of tea and have to have a biscuit to "taste the tea" which was always your excuse .
I don't know why I had to tell you all those things today except that I still miss you so much, but I'm sure you know and you are watching over us all especially your great granddaughter.
You always believed in a heaven and that we would all meet again one day, so until that day,
 Happy Mother's Day Mum. x
                                                                        ANNE X

18 comments:

  1. This is very touching, what a beautiful mother's day message. Thanks for the visit and i wish you a happy new week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, a very beautiful Mothers Day Tribute. Hope you had a lovely day to Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post and a great idea. I found writing letters to my mum after she first passed away really helped me. Maybe I'll write one now, ten years on.X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita ,yes it does help.I wrote a letter to my mum years ago telling all that had happened in the family it was on our old computer which broke down and I lost it.

      Delete
  4. What a beautifully mocing tribute to your mum. I love how honest and personal a letter this is. Thank you so much for sharing.

    It is strange how quickly time passes, but we still miss them in all the little things they do.

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments,I'm glad I found your blog.

      Delete
  5. I'm back ... don't waorry I am not a stalker.

    Just wanted to let you know I have tagged you in the lucky 7 meme challenge over on my blog. I hope you can take part!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/lucky-7-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha hA You're welcome here anytime! Thank you for tagging me I will pop over and have a look.

      Delete
  6. It wasn't an easy day, was it Anne. As you know this was my first Mother's Day without Mum and I can't quite come to terms with it as you now have. I know that time heals. I just wish she was still here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosalind ,no these days are forced upon us and make it harder same with all celebrations you just wants everyone to be there. I found it helped to write to my mum and tell her all that had happened I did it on word on compuer but lost it when the bloomin thing broke maybe it would help. I couldn't see when typing this post for the tears in my eyes but felt I just had to do it.

      Delete
  7. A very moving post Anne. My mum's been gone for many years but I still miss her and Mothers' Day's always a bit sad even now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Anne, time does make it easier but they're are still these moments when you can't believe she's gone.Sometimes mum used to drive me mad but I would rather have her here.
    Thank you for making me your blog of the month I was so surprised and flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a touching letter. And that photo is wonderful!

    You've reminded me to remain grateful about all the wonderful people I have in my life. It should be an easy thing to remember, but sometimes I forget.

    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Lori That's kind of you to say. Good to see a new face on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how I missed this Anne, it is beautiful, so tender and loving. I rarely comment on blogs, even those I read regularly, because I'd rather tweet them to make sure others read them too, and there is too little time for everything. Thank you for posting this very personal letter to your mum, which touches all of us. Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Trish I'm glad you liked it.Thanks for taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.