Wednesday, 14 December 2011

I wish I was here...

Today is launch day for Janice Horton's new e book."Reaching For The Stars" and I'm joining in on the blog and twitter party with a glass of something bubbly in my hand to congratulate Janice and wish her well today. I do love her bright sparkly book cover.


The book's  main character is celebrity chef Finn McDuff who's had enough of the mad frenzy surrounding his private life, the food campaigns and TV cookery shows that  he disappears into self imposed exile to get away from it all for a while.

"Wish I was here.." is the theme of Janice's launch day and if you want to know where Finn wished he was, then, like me you'll have to buy the book and why wouldn't you when it's 95p it would be  a crime not to, here are the links .Amazon.com     Amazon.uk







                                             I  WISH I WAS HERE...

                                                  

This was taken in Dalyan which is a little riverside village in Turkey. We were rowed  to the other side of the river in the little boat you can see, by one of  the three ladies who do this tiring job for a living. We were sitting in their garden cafe watching the turtles bobbing their heads up from the water when my husband took this photo.We had a drink before going to visit the ruins of Caunos which are amazing, it was so quiet and peaceful, I wish I was there right now
Dalyan River

The ruins at Caunos

12 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! Sounds like you had a dreamy day.X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful place, Anne! Great photos x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How peaceful and idyllic - there really is nothing more unwinding than a wee boat trip, a lovely lunch and a walk in dry warm and dramatic scenery, is there? No wonder you 'Wish you where there' - I do too!
    An excellent choice of location!
    Love, Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous location and choice. Wish I were there now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments, everyone has chosen great photos and I've found more places I want to go to on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous, I'm alrading dreaming and sitting with you in that little boat! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fabulous place. I wish I was somewhere warmer and brighter than the UK. These dark days are so long and dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! lovely photos, now you are making me wish I was back there. A Greek cruise...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pauline, Yes it is gorgeous but I didn't like the boat, a bit of a bumpy ride.

    Rosalind, Yes, it does seem a long time until summer on these long dark nights.

    Diane,I do wish I was there and planning a wee week away to Turkey in May.
    Thanks everyone again for reading my blog it does mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the wonderful compliments!!

    Please come back and link up on our Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

    I am now following you. Please follow me if you haven't already done so!!

    I would also like to invite you to join the Over 40 Bloggers Club!! Take a look and join in the fun!

    Have a wonderful weekend and I'm looking forward to reading more of your wonderful blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I wish I was there too. Wonderful photos and it sounds as if you had a great time. Shivering in the UK isn't quite the same, is it?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Java ,you're welcome I will be back over to your blog to join the club.

    Shirley, Winter just seems so long when you remember we have to go to about May to see some sun. I always plan next year's holiday in Winter it gives me something to look forward to. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.