Wednesday, 30 November 2011

My Blog has an Award.

I am absolutely delighted to receive my very first blog award and I have had a smile on my face since I found out. It has been given to me by Pam who herself has a lovely blog where not only is she  a book reviewer but also finds great topics to blog about. I have also discovered  from her blog that she is wonderful at cross-stitching too. So thank you Pam for this award and also for the lovely words about me on your  blog.

As it is unlikely that I will ever win an Oscar or the Nobel Peace Prize, I feel it's only right I should give a long boring acceptance speech thanking everyone from my mum who gave birth to me to the readers who read my blog, but I won't. Instead I'll tell you about this award.

"Liebster" is a German word meaning "dearest" The award is given to up -and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
If you receive the award you should.
1. Thank the giver and link back to their blog.
2.Reveal your top five picks to receive the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3.Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you've sent the award to forward it to their five favourite bloggers and keep it going.

My top five are
Monika A lovely caring mother of two/nearly three children. Monika's blog was the first one I read and I have always loved reading about her adventurous tri-lingual family and all life's highs and lows.

Guuye I have just recently found Guuye and her blog.She is from Mongolia and living in Scotland actually not too far from where I am. Guuye has two parts to her blog, one is full of humour recounting a Mongolian woman's adventures in the UK the other... well I think you should read it to find  out. Once you start to read you won't want to stop and she thoroughly deserves this award.

Diane says her blog is about her adventures as an aspiring writer but it is so much more than that. It is full of poetry, inspirational quotes, travelling stories and book reviews. I feel I've known Diane in a previous life and we think very much the same too. A lovely lady.

Shirley I love Shirley's blog, every post is on something completely different and I never know what to expect. Shirley Wells is well know to most of the readers of my blog as she is a wonderful writer of crime fiction. I don't know why Shirley has no awards on her blog as yet  but I am delighted to give her this one. Thank you Shirley for always taking the time to read mine.

Francerants This must be the most hilarious blog I have read. France rants about everything. When you read her stories about everyday frustrations you will say,"Yes I know just what you mean." So find a comfy chair pour a glass of wine and be prepared for a right good laugh.

                            

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Rebecca,it was so nice of Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congrats on your award and thank you so much for passing it on to me. I'm truly honoured.

    I had several awards on my old blog but never thought about moving them across to the new one. Stupid me.

    Thank you so much. I shall abide by the rules and pass it on to worthy bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award :-) It would be fun to think that we might one day win the Nobel Peace Prize but, yes, you're right. It's not going to happen. I shall now pop off and visit some of those blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Shirley.
    Rosalind,The best thing about memes and awards is the chance to visit blogs that you might otherwise have never came accross and the ones I picked to give the awards to are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Cassam -
    I wish I could hear your (I'm sure) awesome Scottish accent. My very best girlfriend is Scottish (although she does not have an accent). I find that Scots can say almost anything insulting and it comes out wonderful, because of the accent.

    Again, many thanks Cassam!!

    First off, thanks so much for giving me an award. I am truly HONORED! However do not feel slighted when I do not pass on the award, because I have pulled way back on my blogging to write a novel (which I hope will continue to give you a good laugh, and if I am successful, may even cause a bit of incontinence too).

    And you should know that for the longest time, my blog template was the same as yours (except I had my cartoon in the corner).

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. The line on my first comment "Again, many thanks Cassam" should have come at the end of my comment. I got a new laptop and am still figuring out how to work the mouse...which means, I don't know what I am doing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, congrats on your award, Anne. Maybe I'll get one too, one day...but will have to re-open my blog first..lol. Maybe I'll open it again for Christmas.

    You're doing great lass, keep it up. You've got some great posts here now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. France,you deserve an award. I'm glad you like a Scottish accent, people usually say that we sound aggressive when we speak and everything sounds like a threat so I'm glad you think differently. Everyone should read your blog.

    Debs ,thanks for the congratulations and for reading.

    Jessie,thanks as always for your kind words and yes, get that blog going again, pronto!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.